The Birds Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Firebird on Overhaulin'
Correct Pontiac Trans Am GTA Nose Emblem EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 10:11 pm by The Firebird

» NWS Statements
Correct Pontiac Trans Am GTA Nose Emblem EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 6:58 pm by The Firebird

» PVFA upcoming events
Correct Pontiac Trans Am GTA Nose Emblem EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 4:45 am by TA78

» Car Show August 3 Raynham MA
Correct Pontiac Trans Am GTA Nose Emblem EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 3:55 pm by BanditRich

» Pioneer Valley Firebirds Events 2014
Correct Pontiac Trans Am GTA Nose Emblem EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 11:47 pm by Steve

» 7th ANNUAL NECF POTLUCK COOKOUT, Sunday, June 15, 2014
Correct Pontiac Trans Am GTA Nose Emblem EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 2:48 pm by The Firebird

» PVGTOA 16th Annual Show 6/1 Agawam Mass.
Correct Pontiac Trans Am GTA Nose Emblem EmptyWed May 28, 2014 6:13 pm by TA78

» '84 Recaro T/A, 5 speed, uber-rare Y81 Ttop-Delete, $1950
Correct Pontiac Trans Am GTA Nose Emblem EmptyThu May 08, 2014 2:50 pm by The Firebird

» Dream Car Sprint
Correct Pontiac Trans Am GTA Nose Emblem EmptyTue May 06, 2014 10:16 pm by Steve

» Grease Monkey Garage
Correct Pontiac Trans Am GTA Nose Emblem EmptyFri May 02, 2014 6:05 pm by tajoe

National Firebird & Trans Am Club

Charter Oak Firebird’s Club Web Site
Firebird Nation of North America's Club Web Site.

Pioneer Valley Firebird Assn Web Site
Massachusetts Firebird Car Club

Correct Pontiac Trans Am GTA Nose Emblem

4 posters

Go down

Correct Pontiac Trans Am GTA Nose Emblem Empty Correct Pontiac Trans Am GTA Nose Emblem

Post by 69_RAG_TOP Sun May 23, 2010 10:36 pm

I have been looking for the correct Pontiac Trans Am GTA Nose Emblem for over a year.

There are many reproduction emblems on eBay and sold at the online parts stores. I have seen these overpriced plastic pieces and the colors are not correct and the badge is a poor reproduction.

For 1987 the early GTA cars that left the factory had a gold russet on dark brown emblem that was installed on the front nose.

The former owner of my GTA had his front nose clip resprayed about 10 years ago because the paint was cracking and flaking and the body shop broke his original emblem while removing it.

The owner was going to buy a replacement emblem but they were not correct for early 1987 GTA production.

I finally found a NOS early gold russet on dark brown emblem. Now I need the correct dimensions for placement on the nose.

Correct Pontiac Trans Am GTA Nose Emblem GtarussbCorrect Pontiac Trans Am GTA Nose Emblem GtarussaCorrect Pontiac Trans Am GTA Nose Emblem Gtaruss
69_RAG_TOP
69_RAG_TOP
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.charteroakbirds.com

Back to top Go down

Correct Pontiac Trans Am GTA Nose Emblem Empty Re: Correct Pontiac Trans Am GTA Nose Emblem

Post by mr71transam Sun May 23, 2010 10:53 pm

Great find Larry.

Rick H
mr71transam
mr71transam
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Correct Pontiac Trans Am GTA Nose Emblem Empty Re: Correct Pontiac Trans Am GTA Nose Emblem

Post by WarbirdTA Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:30 pm

Did the body shop fill in the hole?
That prong gos into the hole on the nose, and a nut screws onto the prong, and the double stick tape holds it down as well.

George Twisted Evil
WarbirdTA
WarbirdTA

http://www.transammotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 69_RAG_TOP Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:20 am

Yes the niece of the original owner had the nose of the car resprayed in 2001 and the body shop filled in the hole since they did not have another original emblem.

They also did not use the flex additive in the paint for the plastic rubber nose. So nine years later the paint has cracked and is starting to blister off. I will need to get it resprayed again and then I will install the correct emblem again.

Correct Pontiac Trans Am GTA Nose Emblem GTAemblem

Correct Pontiac Trans Am GTA Nose Emblem Gtaprofile
69_RAG_TOP
69_RAG_TOP
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GTA DROPTOP Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:04 am

I'm confused...do you have an 87 GTA that's Flame Red metallic or an 87 GTA that's Midnight Russet metallic?

If you have a Flame Red metallic 87 GTA that emblem would be incorrect.

I have a 87 GTA Midnight Russet Metallic 68/WA8757

My car is brown and I need that nose emblem for mine if you have a Flame Red Metallic GTA. I'd buy it from you.
GTA DROPTOP
GTA DROPTOP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down