The Birds Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Firebird on Overhaulin'
"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 10:11 pm by The Firebird

» NWS Statements
"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 6:58 pm by The Firebird

» PVFA upcoming events
"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 4:45 am by TA78

» Car Show August 3 Raynham MA
"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 3:55 pm by BanditRich

» Pioneer Valley Firebirds Events 2014
"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 11:47 pm by Steve

» 7th ANNUAL NECF POTLUCK COOKOUT, Sunday, June 15, 2014
"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 2:48 pm by The Firebird

» PVGTOA 16th Annual Show 6/1 Agawam Mass.
"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF EmptyWed May 28, 2014 6:13 pm by TA78

» '84 Recaro T/A, 5 speed, uber-rare Y81 Ttop-Delete, $1950
"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF EmptyThu May 08, 2014 2:50 pm by The Firebird

» Dream Car Sprint
"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF EmptyTue May 06, 2014 10:16 pm by Steve

» Grease Monkey Garage
"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF EmptyFri May 02, 2014 6:05 pm by tajoe

National Firebird & Trans Am Club

Charter Oak Firebird’s Club Web Site
Firebird Nation of North America's Club Web Site.

Pioneer Valley Firebird Assn Web Site
Massachusetts Firebird Car Club

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF

4 posters

Go down

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF Empty "Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF

Post by The Firebird Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:18 pm

A new guy on NECF just found this incredible beast and is in the process of buying her.... "Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF 4200455039

Barn find
by Walt » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:58 pm

I just put a deposit on a true barn find. A 1989 firebird tta with 986 miles on it.It was stored in 1989 an hasn't seen daylight since.I need to know where to get the best documentation on it.Thanks Walt
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by The Firebird on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
The Firebird
The Firebird
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF Empty Re: "Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF

Post by Steve Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:11 pm

That is really cool. It seems like many people put these cars away as investments like the Corvette '78 Pace Car. Nice find.
Steve
Steve

http://tran-zam.com

Back to top Go down

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF Empty Re: "Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF

Post by Brother Al Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:07 am

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF Waltsturbo020_zps4c05935e

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF Waltsturbo028_zpsc800cf85

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF WaltsTurbo008_zps1287d55c

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF LarryampAmy_zps7a0761b2

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF WaltsTurbo0201_zps5b949486

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF WaltsTurboTransAmkit003_zps1f109fcb

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF WaltsTurboTransAmkit007_zpsdfe15cad

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF WaltsTurboTransAmkit002_zpse62d5007

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF WaltsTurbo013_zpse765186d

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF Walt0042nterior_zps753382ef

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF Walt0132interior_zpse2ea33e5

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF Walt0202back_zps2092e090

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF Walt044_zps3b798343

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF Walt076_zps255eb9e6

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF Walt077_zps54482822

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF Walt097_zps56ac8547

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF Walt098_zps7ec143bd

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF WaltsTurbo2ndsetatHarmons0072anotherwiththelightson_zps1facc5d1

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF WaltsTurbo2ndsetatHarmons057_zpsb76920eb

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF WaltsTurbo2ndsetatHarmons059_zps07ea6ea5

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF WaltsTurbo2ndsetatHarmons063_zpsa3dcd0bf

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF WaltsTurbo2ndsetatHarmons067_zpsb0f852d0

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF WaltsTurbo2ndsetatHarmons070_zpsb7912bf5

"Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF WaltsTurbo2ndsetatHarmons073_zps8c5aff05
Brother Al
Brother Al

http://www.necamaro-firebird.org

Back to top Go down

Post by 69_RAG_TOP Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:22 am

Does anyone know what the sales price was that the new owner paid?
69_RAG_TOP
69_RAG_TOP
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.charteroakbirds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Al Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:00 am

Yes, I am the guy Walt has been working with throughout the whole process... I'm sworn to secrecy, but it wasn't a fire sale buy.
I was contacted by Walt on NECF because of my thread detailing the history of the '89 TTA...

Here's my article: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is the Thread on NECF: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

by Walt » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:58 pm
I just put a deposit on a true barn find.
A 1989 Firebird TTA with 986mi.on it. It was stored in 1989 an hasn't seen
daylight since. I need to know where to get the best documentation on it. Thanks
Walt (He also PM'd me)

Some Back story.. like all Festival TTA's, they were offered for sale to all GM Employees. The owner of this car was a secretary at a GM Engineering Lab that worked on the GNX and the TTA. She, along with a couple of her co-workers bought these and stored the trio in another Co-worker's garage, an engineer who still work at GM to this day... one TTA was owned by a young GM engineer who drove it hard and it eventually went MIA, the second was owned by another engineer who babied it and sold it to someone in Chicago.. it too is MIA, this car was driven in 1989 by this woman. She was in her late 30's/early 40's in 1989.. she too babied it, and bought it to store away as a retirement plan ($$$). Unfortunately or Fortunately, the car sat relatively untouched and un-started since late 1989 with 3/4 of a tank of gas... fast forward.. Walt stumbled across the car through a friend. Apparently, the owner had passed away several years prior, and her son, (guy with woman by the trailer), really had no use for the car, no way to go through it properly, and wanted to sell it. Walt, a former Dodge employee, is a true gearhead. (pic of him with the TTA on a lift). He owns an original V12 Lincoln, has a Nova that he drag races, and even raced a Turbo Buick for some time. Thinking that the car might be a fun cruising car or something worth reselling, he looked into it further. Upon seeing the car, he realized it was absolutely mint, but very dusty. She still had her original tires, which surprisingly still had air in them, albeit a little low... in the rear was a bunch of GM parts boxes and paperwork. They struck a fair deal and Walt bought the car.

He brought her home, cleaned off many years worth of dust, and went through everything with a fine tooth comb. Everything is in working, minty shape, but he did need to replace the fuel pump... after draining the gas tank, replacing all of the filters, changing the fuel pump, pre-lubing the Turbo, fogging the cyls, hand turning the engine, and changing-out all of the fluids... he added some fresh gas and gave the key a twist... nada.. tried again and she came right to life.... oil pressure came all the way up, he walked her through a longterm storage re-break-in period, she stumbled a little, every so often... but after about 5 minutes of idling she was running perfectly...

I forgot the MOST important part.. she is TTA #113 and Indy Festival Car #108, as seen on the rear license plate area.. that's how Pontiac marked them.. with a sharpie. "Walt" finds insanely low Mileage '89 TTA Barn Find... link at NECF Icon_lol

Over the last few months, we reached out to a bunch of people in this hobby and...

Here's his latest post:
Howdy everyone, figure I would update you all on the B.F. I finished it last
Saturday ,and it shines an runs great. It took about 40 hours to clean it up and
change all the fluids and filters and I also had to change the fuel pump.(good
luck with that if you have to change yours)I was amazed as to what remarkable
shape this car was in after 23 years in a building. I also wanted you to know
that I will be listing my BARN FIND on Hemming's Auto Sales with all the
pictures and story line that is attached to it. It will be on there online site
and also in there magazine. Thanks again for all your help and interest and I
hope the Hemming's listing will catch everyone up on the TTA.

We spoke the other day, (been in regular phone contact), "Smoke Signals" will also be featuring this car very shortly... and YES, the car is for sale... he turned down an offer for $40K (I'm confident it would fetch something closer to $50K.. how many under 1,000 mile Festival Car TTA's are out there with this much back story history?)
Brother Al
Brother Al

http://www.necamaro-firebird.org

Back to top Go down

Post by The Firebird Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The Firebird
The Firebird
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 69_RAG_TOP Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:07 pm

This will be interesting to see what this car brings for sale. It is unique as a barn find and with mileage under 1,000.

I recall watching Barrett Jackson Scottsdale this January and Barrett-Jackson Lot: 371 - 1989 PONTIAC TRANS AM 2 DOOR COUPE sold at auction. It was a typical 20th Anniversary Edition Indianapolis 500 pace car, one of 1,554 produced in 1989 in show condition The hammer price was $16,500.

The uniqueness of this car however makes it a one only with no competition.

Prices of 1973 and 1974 Pontiac Trans Am 455 Super Duty cars have sold for $45,000 to $58,000 recently.
69_RAG_TOP
69_RAG_TOP
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.charteroakbirds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down